Pete Shea

Cartoon Chit Chat
Cartoonists Club

Pete Shea

Post by Cartoonists Club »

Today we received the sad news that Pete Shea, a long standing member of the CCGB, died on Sunday 28 March.

Here's the email from Pete's Daughter, Liz:

It is with deep sorrow that I am emailing you to tell you my dad Pete Shea passed away on Sunday 28th March. He had a very short illness stoically borne and died peacefully in his sleep at home after a day with his family, music and the snooker.

Dad loved the cartoonist club and was a part of most events since he joined in 1975. He was particularly disappointed that the 60th anniversary party last year had to be cancelled. As a family Butlins was one of the highlights of our year and personally dad's drawings and sense of humour have been the backdrop to every family event of my life.

We of course will miss him very much and we are sure that those fellow cartoonists who knew him will also mourn another one of the old guard passing.

Best wishes to all
Liz & Mary Shea
Rupert Besley

Re: Pete Shea

Post by Rupert Besley »

Sad news indeed. I met Pete really only 2-3 times, but he was clearly a lovely man, a dab hand at cartooning and a stalwart supporter of the CCGB and cartooning events over many, many years. My very best wishes to Mary & family.
Chris Williams

Post by Chris Williams »

Sad to hear about Pete.
I met him and Mary a few times at event and he was a lovely bloke. Always welcoming, enthusiastic about the club and full of stories.
Bloody good cartoonist as well. (One of those many Liverpool ones ;) )
RogPenwill

Post by RogPenwill »

Very sad to hear this news. Met Pete several times over the years and he always was a smiley, welcoming chap. The sort that when you met him for the first time you instantly felt you' had known him for years. My thoughts are with Mary and the family.
P.I.Dredge

Post by P.I.Dredge »

Shocked and saddened to hear this news. Pete and Mary were a regular CCGB fixture for as long as I can remember and although Mary was looking a little frail when I last saw them at Shrewsbury a couple of years ago Pete was his usual bubbly self. A funny and prolific cartoonist he will be sadly missed. Love to Mary, Liz and family.
colin_whittock

Post by colin_whittock »

Sadly I have only just read this post. I knew Pete from way back and am very sorry to hear of his passing. A stalwart of the Club and a very good cartoonist.
My condolences to his family.