Say Hello

Drop in and say hello if you've just arrived.
PJones

Re: Say Hello

Post by PJones »

Re registered as PJones (Was Redline). It's all changed and couldn't recall my previous password.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Hi everyone!

I'm Steve B, designer and illustrator (amongst other things!) and have just re-signed up/joined this new forum (I am a CCGB member of a few years!)

You can see some of my stuff over at www.stevebgraphics.co.uk :)
AlexandraBowman

Post by AlexandraBowman »

Hello all!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far! My name is Alexandra Bowman, and I am the political cartoonist for The Lincoln Project, a big anti-Trump group in the US. I also do cartoons for the environmental newsletter Our Daily Planet, and do freelance illustration work on the side. I love political satire and cats... I've done lots of work featuring late-night hosts, cats, and late-night host cats. I'm a member of the National Cartoonists Society in the US and CCGB!

I'm also 20 years old (21 in two weeks), so I'm absolutely thrilled to be a part of a community of veteran cartoonists so early in my career! :D

Twitter: https://twitter.com/scripta_bene
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alexandrabowmanart/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alexandrabowmanart

Can't wait to meet and connect with you all!
Alexandra Bowman

Political Cartoonist for The Lincoln Project and Our Daily Planet

Twitter: @scripta_bene
IG: AlexandraBowmanArt

Founder, President, Host, Creative Director, The Hilltop Show

IG, Facebook, and Twitter: @hilltopshow
rob.baines

Post by rob.baines »

Hi everyone,

I'm a fairly new member that joined towards the end of last year. I've been drawing on / off for many years but since lockdown I've found it a nice thing to do again and a far more productive use of my time than staring at the walls or watching the news.

I found it pretty challenging to create an avatar only 6k in size!
Cartoonists Club

Post by Cartoonists Club »

rob.baines wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:20 pm I found it pretty challenging to create an avatar only 6k in size!
Yes the software people need to sort that out!

Big thanks to everyone who has signed up already today and especially nice to meet new or almost new people.
Rupert Besley

Post by Rupert Besley »

Thanks indeed to Chris and anyone else having to deal with the new arrangements here. Any such change is bound to engender confusion and hassle, but the old forum was, sadly, a goner and you had no choice. I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end. Now to park myself in a discreet corner and watch to see who else bursts through the arrivals door looking somewhat flustered and bewildered.
Chris Williams

Post by Chris Williams »

Rupert Besley wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:12 am Thanks indeed to Chris and anyone else having to deal with the new arrangements here. Any such change is bound to engender confusion and hassle, but the old forum was, sadly, a goner and you had no choice. I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end. Now to park myself in a discreet corner and watch to see who else bursts through the arrivals door looking somewhat flustered and bewildered.
Hooray glad you made it Rupert! Now we can get started.
NeilBradley

Post by NeilBradley »

Hello, my name is Neil Bradley. This is great, I welcome this opportunity to have another go at being on a forum. Fairly certain virtually every CCGB member I offended in the 80's, 90's and 2000's will have forgotten about it by now. This is my website https://www.neilbradleystudio.co.uk on the off chance any cartoonists need a cartoon. Re posting an avatar. I had no problems at all, I just ripped off SteveB's picture and posted my own over it. Good job, Steve. So, seriously, I couldn't figure it out either, so copied SteveB's uploaded avatar, (you could copy any on the forum) loaded it into Photoshop, then pasted my picture on top, saved it after reducing the file size to under 6K, it was already only 8k (which I guess was a download thing) as a Gif and that worked. Obviously, the quality will be low at that size, but I'm happy being blurred :)
RogPenwill

Post by RogPenwill »

What ho folks.

Good to have this new board up and running.

Speaking of running, I've been a club member of many years standing and many more sitting so please let me in the members' area!
Cartoonists Club

Post by Cartoonists Club »

RogPenwill wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:56 pm Speaking of running, I've been a club member of many years standing and many more sitting so please let me in the members' area!
All sorted for you Roger!
If anyone else is a CCGB member and cant see the Members Area then shout out.
Sometimes it can be a bit hard to tell with different names/ pen names etc.